- Friday, 07 April 2006: Wine glasses
- We had Siobhan&Paul round for a DP which was an excuse to crack open a bottle or two (or four) of our finest wines:
• Grosset Watervale Reisling 2002
• Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 1999
(roast asparagus, rocket, parmesan and balsamic vinegar)
• Cos d'Estournel 1990
(rack of lamb with herb crust)
• Cape Promise Private Reserve Noble Late Harvest Muscat / Chenin Blanc 2004
(mango lassi fool)
Of course that meant our finest glasses, the Riedel Vinum range. We couldn't really justify the hand blown Sommelier range. Different glasses for each wine, of course, which meant a pile of washing up on Saturday morning. These glasses do *not* go in the dishwasher, they get carefully washed and rinsed one at a time.
- Saturday, 08 April 2006: Winchester dining
- Saturday it was off to Winchester for supper at Barry&Sue's with Bob&Lynne. We went down by train and had a most enjoyable meal. At nine o'clock it was off to friends of Barry&Sue for more drinks at which point we wimped out, peeled off and caught the 21:18 back to London.
- Sunday, 09 April 2006: A day of rest, again
- Well mostly. A bit of DIY and micro gardening then the evening to relax.
Sa Calobra, a Mallorcan Mountain Meander...
5 months ago