More shameless recycling of FB memes...
1) What is the first song you ever remember hearing? How old were you?
One of many that were played on Children's Hour on the BBC home service but the one that springs to mind is "Trains" http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/sounds.html by Reginald Gardener http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Gardiner as we had a single (45 rpm). My friend Mike from college had the same record on 78 rpm.
2) What was the first album you ever bought on your own? What format?
Donovan's Greatest Hits on vinyl of course: LP 33 1/3 rpm.
The second was "My People Were Fair And Had Sky In Their Hair But Now They're Content To Wear Stars On Their Brows" by Tyrannosaurus Rex.
3) What was the first CD you ever bought?
"Beggar on a Beach of Gold" by Mike and the Mechanics. I had to as it was not available as an LP. I was a "Late Majority" adopter regards CDs.
4) What was the latest album you've purchased?
"The Six Wives of Henry VIII" by Rick Wakeman. I am going to see him perform live at Hampton Court Place on 01 April 2009.
5) What song takes you straight back to grade school?
See 1) Something from Children's Hour. Possibly "The Ugly Duckling" or "Tubby the Tuba" by Danny Kaye or "Little White Bull" by Tommy Steele.
6) What was the theme song of your high school prom?
N/A. The UK doesn't have High School Proms.
7) What was your first real concert?
No idea. Classical would be something featuring my school chum Catherine Bott (soprano) in the late '60s / early 70's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Bott. Pop would be Tyrannosaurus Rex either Birmingham Town Hall - Saturday, February 15th 1969.or "Castle Rock" - Saturday, June 5th 1970.
8) What was your latest real concert?
Tina Turner at The O2.
9) Best concert?
Van Morrison at Portsmouth Town Hall on my birthday about five years ago.
10) What was your song with your first girl-/boyfriend?
We didn't have an "our song" that I recall.
11) What was your favorite band in high school?
12) What albums were the soundtrack of your senior year?
"Unicorn" by, you guessed it, Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Also "Disraeli Gears" by Cream.
13) What was your first musical discovery at college?
Let's keep it simple and say Roxy Music but there were many other including Balinese Gamelan.
14) What song(s) did you/do you want played at your wedding?
"Music from the Royal Fireworks" by Handel
"Morning has broken "(Mary wouldn't let me have "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem")
"Love Divine, all loves excelling"
"Jesu, joy of man's desiring" by Bach
"Crown imperial by Walton
15) Do you have a favorite band now? If so, who?
No one band to single out.
16) What's the last thing you listened to?
"Language of the Heart" by Sanne http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanne_Salomonsen
17) What do you want played at your funeral?
"Cosmic Dancer" by T.Rex or maybe "Ride a White Swan" or, if it is a cremation, how about "Hot Love" :-)
Sa Calobra, a Mallorcan Mountain Meander...
4 months ago