Monday was yet another flying visit to Italy. One of the disagreeable things about the Ryanair flight is the timings - they clash with meal times. Do we eat early, at 4pm in Stansted, or late, at 10:30pm in Locorotondo? Dining in the air on a Ryanair sandwich doesn't have much appeal.
We flew out Sunday night and stayed in a Best Western near Bari airport. We went for the hotel option as we didn't fancy making up the bed for one night with no guarantee that the heating was working. It also meant we could eat at a very pleasant restaurant across the road from the hotel without an hour and fifteen minutes drive to Locorotondo.
All in all it was a hectic but productive trip. Basically the place is complete, the final few bits are done like the handrail to the roof and a security bar across the bedroom window. That meant we could settle up apart from a small retention in case the boiler breaks down yet again.
• Up bright and early to drive to Cisternino
• Met with Pierdonato at the estate agents to discuss key holding, cleaning and "watchman" services
• Went to bank to get out final payment money for Daniele and change our UK address details
• Back to Pierdonato to leave a kitty to cover future services
• Met with Daniele at the property to pay the final tranche of money
• Were joined by the plant man to discuss planting schemes
• Went for lunch at a seafood restaurant down on the coast
• Came back via Emmezeta (supermarket) to buy dehumidifier tablets
• Installed tablets and plugged in electric dehumidifier to keep the place dry over the winter
• Final check and lock up for the season
• Off to the airport for pizza and red wine
• Arrived at Stansted and fell into the SAS Radisson hotel and bed
On the flight home Mary's token was picked in the prize draw for a free flight. Sounds good but the small print says it can only be taken on alternate Tuesdays with a full moon within the next eight weeks. So she may do a bonus trip to Scotland or we may fit in a unscheduled February trip.
Sa Calobra, a Mallorcan Mountain Meander...
8 months ago