- Chateau Doisy Daene Sec. Barsac. 2007 (sic)
- Chateau Clos Sainte-Anne. Pomerol. 2000
- Chateau Lucie. Saint-Emilion. 2000
- Chateau Belair. Saint-Emilion. 2000
- Chateau Belgrave Haut-Medoc. 2000
- Chateau Lafon-Rochet. Saint-Estephe. 2000
- Chateau Langoa Barton. Saint-Julien. 2000
- Chateau Durfort-Vivens. Margaux. 2000
My favourites were the Sainte-Anne - probably because of the Merlot - and the Belgrave - it may not be the very best of the evening but it tickled my palate.
We got one bottle that had bad cork taint. There are people who lack confidence to send back corked wine. A couple of times, in restaurants, we have used an off bottle to educate a less experienced waiter by getting them to sniff the old and replacement bottles (in the glass). With this crowd and this intensity of TCA that was hardly necessary.
A very interesting canter round both left and right banks ably presented by Bill Nippress.