Our Valentine's Day meal was at Brian Turner's restaurant in The Millenium Hotel, Mayfair. I reckon it was fair value at 60 quid for all this *and* a glass of champagne and a heart-shaped box of chocolates.
• Lightly Spiced Oyster, Ginger and Shallot
• Maple Basted Quail Breast, Mushroom and Hazelnut Risotto Light Chicken Tarragon Cream
• Warm Lobster and Halibut Dumpling, Wilted Ruby Chard, Caviar Butter
• Cream of Celeriac Soup, White Onion Tart
• "Between the Sheets" Sorbet
• Rack of Kentish Lamb, Creamed Spinach Onion Squash Mash, Vegetable Spaghetti
• "Chocolate Indulgence" Soft Centred Chocolate Pudding, Milk Chocolate Mousse Dark Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Sauce
The food was excellent. Mind you, as usual, we bumped the bill up a bit with a half of Meursault from Giradin and a bottle of 2001 Chateau Gloria. Then a taxi home; ah the joys of living in Zone 2
Sa Calobra, a Mallorcan Mountain Meander...
5 months ago